Monday 8 July 2013

Moonlight and the Oslo Opera House

Just returned from a two week holiday in Norway (my Mother Country). Quite an epic holiday in many ways and I managed to take many, many pictures. I feel like my passion for taking pictures has at last returned after a very long break.

These two are from the first night at the magnificent Oslo Opera House, shot at about 1:30 am. The moonlit night was truly beautiful.






Edit: A couple of black and white shots from the night. I struggle very much what I feel with the choice. Deep down I've always been b&w when I take photos.




(and this was just the first night)

Edit:

A colour thing.



(Might be a long edit from me!)

Ken

4 comments:

  1. You know, with the moon and all, and the walk way, it looks like an off world outpost. A new colony, a fresh start

    Welcome Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sean. Seeing the Oslo Opera House was very much like an 'off world outpost' in such incredible light and stillness.

    Suffering from a bit of post holiday blues :) But yeah, some new posts coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The b/w works for me,you should follow your own fancy on this. Beautiful shots and very lucky with the conditions. More,please! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Royke)

    I felt drawn to the Opera House that night. It was very late and Angie said she wasn't interested in joining us but I had to go - maybe it was my own personal relationship with the moon, maybe it was the remote bond I had felt with the place through Michelle Kiersey's live stream...

    It's good that we did go. It really did have an other-worldly feel to it, a dreamscape... did we dream in colour? did the people we saw there call us there in their dreams - or we them?

    The evidence of the images we made are but fragments of the collective unconscious - strands of colour interwoven into the monochrome fabric of experience...

    ReplyDelete