Monday 11 February 2013

Cuckoo


I would put an album of my own up in reply to Kens fine post. But alas, I'm unable to.
It means a great deal  to have such a treasure, to be without one isn't easy to describe.
If you think of yourself as a boat and your memory as an ocean, then pictures are light houses. They help you find your way back

Never seen a light house with my own eyes.

I use pictures like the ones in Kens album as stand ins for my own. Like a cuckoo in the nest really,  I store my (imagined) pictures in albums like Kens


In honour of Kens album I''d like to post this beautiful piece of music featured in the beautiful film Moonrise Kingdom. (A film featuring camping and a lighthouse, and if that film doesn't get Angie camping, nothing will).

It's actually from Benjamin Brittens -Friday Afternoons, Children's songs for Children's Chrous and piano Op7.

It's track number 3


 





No comments:

Post a Comment