Tuesday 29 March 2011

Unatural light

So it looks like I've missed format... Diane had a crash with a lorry carrying a JCB and the car's in storage waiting for repair. Diane lived to tell the tale, she's got whiplash but she's on he road to recovery and should be back in work next week. I had today off so I persuaded her to take a walk in the park.


Anyway, I took this shot of her. Brought light stand and shot through the umbrella to soften the light. Always classed myself as an available light shooter took pride in it actually, never shot with zooms,
 never used flesh yada yada. This isn't a street shot (obviously) but I used the same tools for portraits basically  a prime lens and the light I had to work with.

This was shot with a zoom,  a light stand , a brolly,  a flash & some pocket wizards. I've had them a while now but I'm no used to using them, it's still a learning curve for me. It's not a memorable photo, just me finding my feet while Dee gets back on hers.

I was going to harp on about colour managemnet but I can't be arsed. All's I'll say is if it looks quite red on your monitor it's your monitor

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Dee is doing well.

    As for the unnatural light . . . well this looks just the biz to me, and a really natural portrait.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks divine to me too:
    shame you're missing Format:
    we took the 3 hour drive and it was worth it indeed:
    there's always next time {and the comprehensive website + links}

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's commercial looking, mate. It's intended to be really as there is a market for it after all. But still I know that generally commercial photography isn't memorable, at least not to me. But I'm skint man, there's no getting away from it, so I'm gonna dance with the devil.

    Dee

    I was checking your blog out yesterday and looking at your shots from format, can't say I wasn't envious Dee. I'm only 70 miles or so from Derby, I missed the best of it but I should get up there before the fat lady sings. I'm not going to see that amount of street photography in one place again.

    ReplyDelete