Friday 25 November 2011

The Girl With The Red Hair-Her Boy friend-And Diane

I've always been drawn to shooting people that look lost. That's not to say for a moment that they are but a look is good enough for me, certainly good enough for a photograph. Never been a doubt in my mind that photography is closer to poetry than painting (another post for another day)





The girl is called Minnie. She turned to me after I shot her and smiled in a confused sort of way. I felt obliged to get up of my chair and go and explain...

"I had to take you picture, you look like something from a Pre-Raphaelite painting"

She got it and Smiled polity. Her boyfriend turned up and he didn't get it so much
and looked like he'd had about a Kieth Richards amount of Charlie. Banter with a bit of needle followed and there was a point where I was considering giving him a lie down for a bit, but kept my composure and actually got on pretty well in the end

I went back to my seat pleased that had yet again, defended something I love doing and done it well. But Diane was not happy... She heard what I said about the painting. She loves Pre-Raphaelite paintings to but also knows that I love red heads. Spent The next 30 minutes explaining that in no way did I fancy the girl (I didn't). I won her over but never seen having to, coming

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't reading enough"

- Tod Papageorge ...

Read more poetry, just make sure you read people to

1 comment:

  1. A mighty fine quote Sean.

    Got myself a Kobo Touchscreen eBook last week and I have to say I am reading more now. It's superb.

    ReplyDelete