Wednesday 4 April 2012

Street Life in London

My last post got me thinking about a picture on page 36 of John Szarkowski's
Looking at Photographs... 100 Pictures From The Collection of The Museum of Modern Art


It's another favorite of mine, it depicts second hand furniture sellers. A world I know a little bit about
as I have been one myself. It's a very very interesting world, I really should try documenting it.



Old Furniture
From Street Life In London 1877-1878
John Thomson



Man, that's beautiful, it really is. I wanted to see more and I'm sure you do to




Though you can see the individual images on the LSE's site. You really should read the essays that acompany each picture

It's a beauiful piece of work

1 comment:

  1. That's one impressive book. I've downloaded the pdf and will enjoy reading that. You're right, the secondhand world is full of interesting people, I've noticed that at the local auctions. Ken

    ReplyDelete