Thursday 26 March 2015

Watching

I'm always struggling in which way or that way with my own photography. As a kid I would set up feeding stations, make bird tables, film and photograph them. Mum, Dad & I would go to Dunwich in Suffolk to see the then rare Avocet at Minsmere, staying in Pat's (the vet) caravan on top of the sandy cliffs.  If I'm really honest with myself then nature photography is my thing.

I was strongly reminded of this when I saw the blackbird sitting on her nest yesterday right next to where we park the car in the front garden.



Ken

2 comments:

  1. I only learned how to tell the sex of a blackbird last spring, and now thanks to you, I know what an Avocet is.






    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly Mrs. Blackbird has fled the nest . . . invasion of a Magpie :-(

    It's just outside from my workroom window and the last couple of days I could hear a lot of commotion going on. Each time I heard the noises I ran downstairs, opened the front door and chased the magpie away. I guess it was just too risky to stay for her.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete