Tuesday 11 January 2011

Molly Brice

A bit of a continuation with the previous post. Today I picked up a box of cameras from a local auction. The oldest camera was a Kodak No. 2 Brownie in mint condition, had the instructions and a special note left by the photographer. As I went through the box of cameras I realised I had a history of all the cameras 'Molly' had owned. They went from The No. 2 Brownie Box to Brownie 44a, then to Prinzflex 500E (Zenith E) with lenses and accessories and finaly to a pristine Yashica Electro 35 CC rangefinder. An evolution of a local photographer's equipment. What is exciting is that an exposed roll of 35mm colour film was found in the Yashica. The canister sounds hollow, but I am hoping for some magic, some latent images brought back to life. It's the undiscovered which fascinates me. If you look, you will find.


Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment