Wednesday 26 January 2011

Look prt ll

In Italy trainee detectives are taken to museums to look at paintings. They're told to study them and to try to deduce what the meaning might be . Symbolic clues hint to the those meaning eg the skull represents mortality. It's a lesson in observation that will aid the trainee detectives in their work

 I took the picture in my last post in London. I took what I saw for granted, I wasn't really sure it was worth capturing but things look different when photographed. On studying the picture at home my eyes gazed around the screen at the people I'd captured, I went round and around a few times. I then came to the small boy in the background and noticed he was looking at or calling out to something, so I followed his eyeline and there hidden in the bush like a flower, was the answer.


A little spooky. Nobody who's seen it has spotted it, it's demonstrated to me how people tend to look over rather than in to pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment