Saturday 17 March 2012

Higher powers

I spent the day with one of my oldest friends, yesterday. Anthony is a pretty strong character. He's a recovering addict and has been clean for ten years, ten long life changing years that at times I didn't think he'd see. But here he is fighting the good fight

He had the day off yesterday. He works in a rehab center in town, a responsible Job and one he takes very  seriously. He has dedicated a lot of the last ten years to helping people get through there addiction, a long old road and a tough old journey, as Anthony can attest to.  I tried in my own way, to help Anthony get clean, but it was to no avail. He wasn't ready, you're never going to get clean if you're not ready.


The kids got faith, I don't question the details of that faith. But it's helped him on the road to becoming a better person and the person he deserves to be. I was glad to see him yesterday, it actually reminded me to take pictures of the things I care about and to have faith in what I'm doing.

Peace


1 comment:

  1. It's something I know I've been neglecting in my own photography for quite a while now, faith in your subject and faith in yourself in capturing it. It is the key and you've got it with Anthony. A beutiful post Keano.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete