Wednesday 28 March 2012

Three trips around the Sun


I took this picture of my niece,Natalie, three years ago today. She was pregnant with her daughter, Nevaeh at the time. News of a visit from the stork is usually greeted with great joy. But it's naturally a worry when the mother to be is so young. That Joy was also tempered with added concern because Natalie suffers with Schizophrenia.

Three years to the day later and Nevaeh is one of the most beautiful children I have
ever known. She is bright, caring, affectionate & resilient. Much like her mother was
at that age.

Beautiful Sunny day today. Natalie remains sectioned, progress is slow
if not ground to a halt, possibly in reverse. I don't know what her future is
but I know her past and her present.


"Many a flower is born to blush unseen,
And waste its sweetness on the desert air."

Thomas Grey.*





*I first read that quote when Robert Adams used it in Beauty In Photography.
It has always reminded me of Natalie


Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment