Wednesday 28 March 2012

New Old Camera

I haven't owned a point and shoot for six or seven years. I've thought about getting one the odd time but I always ended up thinking that if you're going invest grands in to a camera system, you shouldn't be lazy, you should carry it with you. Problem is I have all but stopped shooting the kind of things you shoot with point and shoots, the photo record stuff. Maybe that just means my eyes weary and the worlds just a less interesting place to me photographically these days?

Hope not, it would be a shame if that were true.


My new camera isn't a great one. It's not much use in tough light, it's noisy, it has less manual control than point and shoots I had seven years ago but it cost £500...


It's an iphone 4s

On way back to camp Site (Longnore in the peaks)*


*Managed to go camping Sunday until Monday thanks to the crazy weather


You'd want a drink if you married me

Dynamic range is bobbins

I doubt that my 1Ds mk lll would have been allowed in court

Ghost of Elsie Tanner



I've seen some big name photographers proclaim that "Hey I took these with an iphone!" As if using
something so limited (often with a fake polariod app) is some kind of  artistic statement.

The mediums not the message, man. Who cares?


The iPhone's not going to inspire me to create new work. It'll just let me take the kind of pictures
I've stopped taking, old work if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment