Tuesday 20 March 2012

The verdict

So I sat in court today with my two brothers, brother in law, my sister and her friend, waiting to see what the verdict would be. My few days in youth court have brought back a lot of old memories. It reminded me just how little I realized the impact those years would have on my future life, truth is I just didn't think about the future.  I doubt  many of the young girls and boys that I've seen these past few days, look past next week.


Levi's co accused, cried. He must have been scared, Levi was to, but I told him not cry. No matter what happens, you do not cry, I told him. I had to tell him that because if he was going to get through a year in a young offenders prison,  he would have to be tougher than he really was.


Both boys were spared jail. They were given supervision orders. Levi's is 18 months, the other boy 36 months. It's last chance saloon,
they're both on curfew to.


I'm sure there victims are very unhappy that the boys weren't given custodial sentences, it's totally understandable. I was mugged when I was 17, the guy must have been 30 years old. He put a blade to me and took £30 and my leather coat. I was on my way to see Levi's mother at the time


I told Levi that his future depends on the decisions he makes over the next few years...
I didn't tell him how hard it would be


Levi waiting to be sentenced 

1 comment:

  1. Here is hoping Levi listened to you today.

    A funny ol' day . . . would have been my Dad's Birthday today.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete