Friday 30 March 2012

Who, What, Why...

One thing I have always loved about street photography is that you can put Who, What Why to the back of your mind and just open yourself up to what's in front of you. Naturally you have to be on alert but it's much more instinctive, akin to hunting. There's going to be a lot of misses, you can forgive yourself for that, good photography of any kind is not easy and good street photography is harder still.

I can't really call myself a street photographer any more, but I guess I'm in the humanist mode when I do manage to shoot the street.



Ahhh... but then you start to think you've seen it all before, you begin wonder what the point of it all is and you stop looking.


The Cook at Camden 2011





Anybody that's tired of street photography, is in my view tired of life;
The life you capture on the street is a record of the times you've lived in, and though there's plenty to ignore, there's much to celebrate.

It's a weary eye that stops looking for the sheer beauty & Joy that can be found out there in the world

On the street, you wanna be the guy on the right







1 comment: