Tuesday 17 May 2011

17th May

A big day for Norway is the 17th May. It's their independence day.

I celebrate it in my own little way, eat a bit of brown cheese and Mills Caviare and sink a few beers.

Last time I was in Norway for the 17th was visiting my Dad back in 2007. He was in a care home and no way was coming back, so I lit a bonfire on that night.


He never made it back home.



On this same day is my niece Sigrid's birthday.


Today I miss the family and I miss Norway.

Ken

Edit Sean

Beautiful, Kras

1 comment:

  1. The Queen visited Ire on the 17th to. It was a big moment in Ireland's history. My Da used to make me turn off the national anthem when the BBC closed down for the night. He broke his leg when he fell down some stairs trying to rip down a Union Jack flag during the jubilee.

    My parents never made it home either. They always missed it

    ReplyDelete