Friday 27 May 2011

Tale of the tape

I've been thinking about selling one or two of my lenses. I've been going through metadata in lightroom to help me make my mind up on which lens should go. I've gone back to 2008 and it's no surprise to me that my 35mm is my most used lens so that obviously stays. Maybe that's the safe thing to do. Maybe it would serve me better to sell my most used lenses and start anew with lenses I've become unfamiliar with?


Nah...

I don't think familiarity breeds contempt when it comes to lenses. Apathy, now that's a killer;
I know full well you get better by shooting more, not by buying or selling more.







4 comments:

  1. I've had my new 35mm on my camera almost exclusively since I bought it and am very pleased. I want to train my to see the 35mm frame instinctively. Thanks for the help in my decision Sean.

    BTW look out for Angie's first guest blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Ken you'll be glad to here that my 24mm tilt and shit has reached £599 after 1 day. You'll be sad to hear that the dosh won't go on camera gear

    I also fooked up, putting a reserve on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually glad to hear the dosh was not spent on more camera gear. I have far too much stuff which I never use, it's hard for me to dump it, but I'm getting there.

    Take a gander at this,

    http://youtu.be/awq90APEVgw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even Diane laughed at that lol that's class. I'd have blasted em with my PWs, remotely

    ReplyDelete