Friday 27 May 2011

Angela's guest blog post

This is Angie's (my other half) first guest blog post. Thanks Angie.


So, Stephen Shore may think that Flickr is shit, well most of the photographs on there are shit,  I tend to agree. There are a lot of people that upload photos that they believe to be masterpieces...and they are in fact clichés, crap and self indulgent.  I upload many photos that I don’t think are artistic in the least but they are mostly amusing...in my mind.  Looking on the whole thing it can be taken as a diary of everyday life, an archive, perhaps a form of  ‘group therapy’.
 


Angie & Tog - 24th July 2009



When I was diagnosed with breast cancer I was offered therapy to help me deal with it....to be honest the thought of talking with other people, generally women about such traumatic news was not what I felt that I needed.  I’d rather chat with my friends and well, I have been known to talk with complete strangers that I meet in the supermarket.  A cashier in Waitrose was great, he always asks how I’m doing and once held my hand and wished me well.  Whatever, I’m over it and I’m told my attitude probably helped greatly.








Pub lunches were one of my favourite cures together with taking photos of dogs that we met on Flickr meets!  Ken, of course has been a saviour together with all my wonderful friends.


Kras



2 comments:

  1. yAy on all counts:
    I would know that was written by Angie, even if you'd not said Ken:
    it's intonation: I can hear her voice:
    more please lady!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting Ange, it's about time! I've had to put up with your fella for years on my own.

    What Shore said didn't need saying and there's nothing new in it, it's true of most photographs ever taken, what's changed is that we've more access to them than ever before. Good photography is no easier now that it was a 100 years ago, it's just easier to take bad pictures than it's ever been. Some of them are mine

    Imagine Scorsese (or Dylan for that matter) going on youtube and saying its all shit. That's basically what Shore done with flickr.

    Why bother?

    Dee

    you should hear my dulcet tones. I make Liam Gallagher sound like Trevor McDonald

    ReplyDelete