Thursday 19 May 2011

Gordon is not a moron

I celebrated my 40th down the local. I invited everyone but not many turned up that year. Gordon had been feeling ill for quite a while but made an effort to turn up. He travelled by bus and train to get there. He didn't eat, he'd not swallowed anything for the past 4 months but he could still sink a few pints.

This is my last ever shot of Gordon, I did not know he would be gone ten months later and I don't know why he he came back to my thoughts tonight, maybe it was a mention of Beefheart and 40ths.




That year Gordon was too ill to join us at the Rochford Beer Festival in November. He was the one who started us off for what is now a yearly event for us and to remember him. On the first year he was not with us a number of snaps I shot had his name in the background, (not cropped). He would take the whole week off work and spend it at the festival, it was one of his favourite things.

Rochford Beer Festival - November 2005


Kras

No comments:

Post a Comment