Wednesday 4 May 2011

Lines come together

About a year ago I was pondering whether to go for a voluntary redundancy. I worked in an environment that had over the last few years become starved of light and I'd come home and sit in The Garden watching the evening sky and would shoot the jet trails.

On the 27th April 2010 I decided to apply for the voluntary redundancy. It was a big thing for me after working for 22 years in the same place. You build a lot of strong working  friendships over that time and it is something I am missing now.

On that evening of the 27th I saw two jet trails make a defined cross and I took this as some sort of mad sign to say "go for it". I posted it on my PBase and my friend Roy commented:

"This is when you know you have pondered enough, lines come together and fall into place!:-)"

 

  
April 27th 2010



Today, one year on to almost the exact same day and from the exact same place in The Garden while I was packing up for the evening I looked up and saw almost the very same thing. I shoot a lot of jet trails, but for this to happen, just a week apart, one year on is something I think is extraordinary.



It's like a confirmation that I have done the right thing.



tonight

Or I have gone mad in a Life of Brian sort of way :-)


Edit by Sean:

Nah not mad, mate. Here's some music from the soundtrack of shutter Island










4 comments:

  1. we call those sky kisses: like the universe is giving you a smooch ^_*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that Dee :)

    Nice edit Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really honored that some advice from this old git actually worked out!I am so happy for you!:-)

    Roy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very grateful to all your support and advice you gave me Roy. I know you've had a similar thing in your life recently.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete