Thursday 5 May 2011

Shot of the day

I keep saying it... And I'll keep on saying it... The best photographs are the ones closest to home.

But they already know that


                                                                  Jimmy Forsyth: Park Road 1959

Edit by Ken :
Such a good set, my fave is this one.




Sean

One of the things that has saddened me is how working class
people are portrayed on TV and in various sections of the media, today.
It seems that we've gone from salt of the earth to scum of
the earth. Chav, Scally, Pikey, scroungers and other sneering
judgements are made in print and on TV.

It's a prejudice as real as any other kind and just as bad. It's
why documentary photography remains important because if you're
going to see any real insight to working class life today it's likely
to come from photography but it seldom comes from the inside. That's why Jimmy Forsyth photographs are so special to me









No comments:

Post a Comment