Thursday 14 July 2011

Smoking

I recon this might turn out to be my favourite street shot from London. Might be too soon to judge as I haven't seen them all but it's my kind of street shot. I like street photography that has some regard for its subjects and while I love humour in street photography I hate seeing people mocked, that ain't humour, that's sneering.

The boys just look like that break is well earned. It's packed round Chinatown and the store being closed and all the goods gone of the shelf's hints at a busy day and it being late in the day. But I recon there day's far from over.

Three waiters


Another thing:

Photographs that work well in colour usually work well in black and white to. Not quite the same in the reverse which might sound like bullshit but it's true and easily tested. Try it

2 comments: