Tuesday 5 April 2011

But I won't do that

So I was offered a commission yesterday. A lady wanted me to come and shoot some of her abstract paintings that she wants to sell online. She saw my photography through a friend of a friend and thought that I was the right guy for the job


I was quite flattered and at the same time quite bemused. It's true to say that photography and painting are uneasy bedfellows, photography has had to fight for its rightful place in the art world. I'm by no means making any claims of art in my own work (well most of it anyway) but I'm surprised that a painter would look at my photography and think that my work somehow qualifies me for what is essentially a product shoot. It's like me looking at her work which undoubtedly falls under abstract expressionism and asking her to paint my niece

I turned the gig down. I'm skint to but I did right by her, I'm not the right guy.


A fool I may be, but I know a Pollock from a Rembrandt



Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment