Saturday 23 April 2011

Oldest friends

I'm a sentimental old fool. Today, St. Georges Day, my old mate Rog turned up. We go back to infant days and have always been in touch. Sometimes we go for years without seeing each other, yet we only live 10 minutes away. In our teens we hitch hiked all over the country between dole cheques. Slept on roundabouts, ploughed fields, grave yards, randy old ladies, and under the Humber Bridge with kids on mopeds screaming all night.

Roger and Dee are my oldest friends.




Angie, Rog & Hazel - Today

(Polaroid 669)




Rog  (Dunwich Beach Suffolk - Circa 1981)

We crashed on the beach for a few days , and I remember some bloke coming up to me and saying how lucky we were. He was old, not like us back then. I knew what he meant, like some wisdom you get from the old folk.

Edit by Sean

What can I say to that but














2 comments:

  1. great photos to add to some good memories:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not often we see each other these days, but when we do it's like all the years disappear.

    ReplyDelete